Saturday, June 19, 2010

Logic Display Mounting

I had work to do around the house today, but I had a barbecue to go to in a couple of hours so I didn't want to get too involved in some home maintenance. Instead, I worked on R2's dome a little. I started my work off by hot gluing the Front Logic Display (FLD) panel in place so I would know where to mount the FLD surrounds.


I decided to use 1/8"x3/4" Fender washer to mount the FLD surrounds. I used a grinding attachment in my Dremel to grind out areas on each side of the FLDs so I could glue the washers in place.


I glued the washers in place with Tech-Bond.


I drilled and countersunk holes just like I did for the holoprojecters. I super glued 6-32x1/2" bolts in place outside the washer locations. When installed, I will use additional fender washers to hold the logic displays in place.


The thin outer dome strip below the Rear Logic Display (RLD) did not get glued before, so I used dimes as spacers and super glued the strip down. With the strip in place, I lined up the dome panels to find the location of the RLD. Once the location was determined I super glued some 6-32x5/8" bolts in place to hold the RLD surround.


I then started dripping super glue to the top of all the screw heads. I will continue to do this, and sand, over the next couple of days until the super glue is built up enough that there is a smooth transition between the dome around the screw mounting location and the screw heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment