Monday, May 24, 2010

Radar Eye Mounting

I drilled the radar eye holes I marked last night. Once the holes were drilled, I duct taped the radar eye in position. I drilled from the inside of the dome through the newly created dome holes to mark the hole locations on the back of the radar eye.


Once the holes were marked, I needed to make the holes deeper to hold the mounting screws. I added tape to my drill bit to act as a depth gage so I didn't drill to far into my radar eye.


I used some linesman pliers to snip the heads off four 6-32 x 1-1/4 bolts. I then used Tech-Bond to glue the bolts into the holes on the back of the radar eye.


Once the glued dried, I mounted the radar eye by putting the bots on the back of the radar eye through the holes of the dome and holding them in place with washers and nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment