Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Filling The Outer Leg Gap

After the two 3/4" shoulder hubs are routed out the accept the outer leg hardware, there needs to be another should hub board less than or equal to 3/4" in thickness to fill the gap. Once I get both legs assembled and dry fit on the frame, I will then temporarily attach the skins. Once the skins are added, I will sand the extra shoulder hub pieces I made tonight to leave a 1/2" gap between the out legs and the skins. The work tonight was done pretty much like it was the previous night I worked on shoulder hubs. Except I used my existing shoulder hub to draw the outer diameter of the hub and start a pilot hole. I then used the band saw to cut out the should hubs and the drill press to cut out the hole for the center pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment