Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ankle Meet Mount

Steve helped me attach the ankle pieces to my motor mounts tonight. We started out by setting the distance of the ankle channel to be closer to the outside of the motor mount then the inside. Once in the correct position, it was clamped in place with a c-clamp and a vise-grip while holes for pop rivets where drilled.


Once all the pop rivet holes were drilled, a builder held a washer in place on the underside of the motor mount while I used the pop riveter to secure everything in place.


I used seven pop rivets in the center portions of the ankle/motor mounts. I'm going to try flush rivets that Moose suggested on both ends of each ankle/motor mount to reduce the visual impact.


A couple wheels, motors, belts, and omniballs and these might look pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! I will try to remember to check Menards for the rivets tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete