Thursday, January 29, 2009

Soldering/Electronics 101

It's been several years since I've tried to build a circuit (back in college). Brad hosted a Soldering/Electronics 101 class. Brad and Clay spent the first half of the night talking about Ohm's Law, electrical components, and soldering techniques. Brad put together kits to make a LED Flasher Circuit Using A 555 Timer IC. It was a great night. I love being able to take schematics and make the actual circuit! I am no longer intimidated by the idea of creating my own circuits; but I will need a little more practice reading schematics and soldering.

Before we got started I had to take pictures of Brad's B9 and R2.


Clay brought over the Wall-E he is building.


I have been hounding Jason to get me some information about the pancake foot motors he purchased off the main R2 Builders board several months ago. He brought them tonight so the group could see how they would fit in outer foot shells and how the Dan Baker Motor Mounts would need to be adjusted to accommodate them.


Clay worked on his rear logic display for his R2 and Jason worked on the kit that Brad provided.


Moose and I are both working on LED Flasher Circuit Kits Using A 555 Timer IC.


After a very productive and informative night, the group decided to pose for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment