Saturday, January 3, 2009

Starting Off The New Year By Sanding My Frame

We cut are frames based on the plans found online, but the when they were glued together we realized they were too big for the aluminum skins we purchased. I picked up a package of 100 and three sheets of 36 grit sandpaper (which really didn't work and it made a huge mess when the paper came apart) to use on my orbital hand sander. This turned out to be a long and tedious process. after about a day's worth of work, I decided to borrow a plainer from my father to slim down the vertical frame boards. The combination of the plainer and the sandpaper did the job, eventually. I'm going to take my frame and my skins to the next build day and compare it with Moose's droid.

No comments:

Post a Comment