Sunday, April 24, 2011

PSI Diffusers

The front and rear Process State Indicators (PSIs) needed to have the light from their LEDs diffused. I found some Rubbermaid containers at Ace Hardware that diffused them the way I wanted. I cut up the lids to fit where I needed them. I only wanted to diffuse the light for the LEDs a little. I still wanted the outline of the LEDs, when lit, to show.


The holes for the PSIs show a small lip on the outside of the dome, so I glued the rear PSI screen (cut lid) to the inside of the dome with Super Glue. I glued this to the inside because there is not an outside dome panel that gets attached over the hole


I made the front PSI hole slightly larger that I had originally cut it because the outer dome panel would cover the edges. I then cut the lid of the Rubbermaid container to fit exactly inside it. I put tape on the outside of the dome to hold the cut lid in place and used Super Glue to attach it. Once the glue was dry I removed the tape and used a razorblades to clean off any glue that mounded over. I tested the fit by dry fitting the outside panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment