Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Installing (Most) J.E.D.I. Display Components

I'm going to DemiCon on Saturday and wanted to have R2-NU there with his lights and sound working, so I installed all the Joystick Enhanced Device Input (J.E.D.I.) Display components except the Holoprojectors. The Power Distribution Board and the J.E.D.I. Display Control Board were installed on the interior of the dome by using small bolts tacked in place with Tech Bond and using offsets to separate them from the side of the dome.


Components like the Main J.E.D.I. Board, V2 Music (with flash drive), and Vex Receiver will eventually be moved to R2's body from the dome once the slip ring is installed, but for now they are being held in place with 3M foam tape.


Turning everything on yielded a successful test!

No comments:

Post a Comment