Saturday, August 28, 2010

Logic Surround Bolts

I didn't have much going on today, so I finished sanding the dome. I washed the dome and set it aside to dry. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do some painting. Since I have my J.E.D.I. system running I figured I better get my front and rear logic surrounds finished.


I started off by centering the plastic J.E.D.I. Display cover for the front logic surround.


I used some linesman pliers to snap the heads off the #6-32 x 1½" bolts so they glued inside the logic surrounds.


I then drilled 1/4" depth holes big enough to accommodate the headless bolts.


I then added some nuts and used one of the logic plates to make sure the bolts stayed straight up and down while they were being glued. One by one, I dripped Tech Bond glue into each hole, sprayed the bolts with an accelerator, and then dropped the bolts in the holes. The accelerator cover bolt hardened within a couple seconds (which allow for quick repositioning and adjusting using the J.E.D.I. plate).


Once the front logic displays were done I followed the same procedure for the rear logic displays. I knew this was going to be the case, but the top and bottom line of LEDs are both half covered (by design) by the surround.

No comments:

Post a Comment