Monday, February 21, 2011

First Group Build Night Of 2011

Jason, Clay, Kira, Nate, and I got together at Jason's house for the first group build night of 2011. Jason, Clay, and Nate worked on Nate's frame and Kira and I worked on my dome panels. The size of some of my dome panels needed to be increased so I added DAP Plastic Wood to the edges and let it dry for an hour. Once dry, the DAP bonds to the styrene panels and is as solid as a rock. Kira and I sanded the panels and I applied a second coat to some. I made a mistake when I cut the window out around the rear Process State Indicator (PSI) and cut the inside corners at right angles. I used the Plastic Wood to fill in the gaps.


The red washer on the top of the dome fell off after the last build night, so I glued it back on using Tech Bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment