Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Skirt Reinforcing

While sanding the skirt the styrene edge started to crack in a couple of places. My plan is to eventually fill in the gap behind the styrene with wood putty or some other material to strengthen it so when R2 is transported it doesn't break. Until that happens I don't want the skirt edge to get damaged, so I reinforced the thin styrene skirt edge with 1/8" styrene. I started by cutting the 1/8" styrene into manageable size strips that would bend easily to the contour of the thin styrene already on the skirt.


The strips were then cut into smaller pieces and glued one by one to the inside of the skirt edge with Tech-Bond.


The inner skirt hole still has a lip where the boards were put together, so I added wood putty to the edge and will sad it when it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment