Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Skirt Assembled

Moose helped me put together my skirt tonight. I cut out two styrene arcs at the last build night in preparation for tonight. Moose helped me glue the styrene to the front and back of the skirt with his Tech-Bond glue. I love this stuff, so I went home and bought a bottle. The arcs were a little big, so a little trimming was required. This glue works great! I think the wood will break before the glue will let loose.


The crew made a mold for the skirt ribs, so I mixed up a couple batches of resin and poured enough for one skirt.


While we waited for the skirt ribs to harden, we cut out another rib pattern to tell us where the place the ribs on the skirt. Moose was the first to try it, and he glued ribs to Patches’ skirt.


The vertical boards that surround the skirt hole needed to be glued in place, so Moose and I clamped the wood and applied the Tech-Bond. Another tight fit that won’t be broken anytime soon.


With the skirt ribs hardened, I sanded them to the size I needed. I had help gluing the ribs in the corners. The corner ribs completely cover the edges of the styrene and line up with the edge of the wood. With the corner ribs in place, the rib locations were marked and glued to the skirt.


The bottom of the skirt needs to be smooth, so I took out the screws holding the vertical boards around the skirt hole one by one and countersunk them. Jeff supervised giving both advice and words of encouragement.


After the skirt was complete I couldn't’t help but start messing around. What better way to test out R2’s skirt then to try it on.

1 comment:

  1. LC to sexy, to sexy for his skirt, to sexy by far LOL.

    ReplyDelete