Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drawing The Dome Panels...Maybe

Clay, Jason, Moose, and I all met at Clay's house for a build night. Jason's and I were going to work on our 300 mm styrene domes by drawing the panels and cutting them out while Moose worked on his Jedi Logics. On a previous day, Jason did not exclusively use the plans that Clay and I were using; instead, he used Moose's 300 mm aluminum dome to make a template. Clay had already used the plans to draw and cut out his dome. Because Jason came later, Clay and I worked on drawing on my dome. All the drawn panels looked great and evenly spaced. Once Jason showed up, he compared his dome sketches to what I had drawn and what Clay had cut out and he said there was something wrong with what we had done. We then compared our domes to Moose's aluminum dome and concluded the plans were for the C&D dome and not the 300 mm dome we had purchased. My vertical dome lines were fine, but my horizontal lines will need to be redrawn using Jason's template. Poor Clay. Most of us consoled him, but Moose couldn't help but harass him a bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment