Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my R2-NU blog. I have always been a sci-fi fan. From a very young age my brother and I would watch the Star Wars and play with the action figures. I have also had a secret fascination with robots, but I have never gone the extra step to actually build one.

While watching TV in late May of 2007 I ran across a Star Wars special that showed the R2 Builders Club. I jumped online right away and signed up to get more information. I became a member of the Yahoo R2 Builders Club on May 30, 2007 and started my research.

I was amazed at how many different types of R Units there were and the quality of the finished products. I wanted to build a R2-D2, but I didn’t want mine to be lost in the crowd. I decided that I was going to make a themed R2-D2 that reflected one or more of my other interests.

Just as Star Wars has a spiritual-like following among its fans, so does Nebraska athletics. Being an alumnus of the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, I’m not ashamed to say, I also developed a spiritual like devotion for all things Nebraska. The choice seemed natural. Join these to loves in a “Husker Red” colored R2 named R2-NU.